Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Is it Friday yet?

Hello my fellow people today is June 2, 2014. And I just have that feeling today that I wish it was Friday. I could not for the life of me sleep last night, my Mosquito bites kept itching then I couldn't get comfortable and my husband was snoring so loud in my ear. I know hashtag wife problems right? And I know I promised recipes today but I never went looking through my recipes last night. But I did make this recipe last week from a cookbook I have and it turned out great. When my husband and I got married I decided that switching from ground beef to ground turkey would not only save us money but it is the healthier choice. Plus you can't tell the difference although I still prefer ground beef when I make my famous meatloaf. Turkey meatloaf doesn't hold together as well. So awhile back I went to a garage sale and found some cookbooks, this one in particular is a turkey cookbook and they actually have recipes for ground turkey. 


I mean I paid ten cents you can't go wrong. But the only reason I was looking up recipes was because I lost my moms recipe for stuffed green peppers so since the ground turkey was already thawed I needed to find something else to make. The best part was I forgot I had bought any cookbooks I didn't even know I had them so it's great that I was looking for another reciepe. This is what I made: 

It was the first time I had made homemade macaroni and cheese plus making the cheese sauce from scratch, it was absolutely amazing!!! Here are some pictures from when I made it. 
This is the homemade cheese sauce before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients. 

Before baked 

And after it baked. 

I figured this would be great for two days of dinner but the hubby scarfed down so much the leftovers were just about a cup leftover. To me that just means I made something really good and I sure thought it was great too. I didn't have the pimentos or green pepper and I'm sure that would have given it more flavor so next time I will make sure I buy those. So for today I give you one recipe I know how easy and amazing it already is. So now since I have had about an hour of sleep I think I am going to rest a little I hope you all have a better Tuesday then I'm having. Thanks for reading and liking my posts I sure do appreciate it. 

Happy reading, 
Devinne Kathleen 








No comments:

Post a Comment