Thursday, May 1, 2014

It all started......

Hello my fellow people today is May 1, 2014 and today is the day that i decided to start a blog about some awesome things in my life. First the story begins the day that i met my husband. It was July 31, 2010, my two friends were getting married i had just recently become single. That night we did lots of dancing and drinking of course and i guess the entire night Chris my husband kept asking his brother which was the groom who i was. I suppose my brother-in-law said some very nice things about me because otherwise he wouldn't be my brother-in-law today. Chris and I didn't start talking more until about mid August that year. We talked and talked and talked and finally on October 22, 2010 he asked me to be his girlfriend. About two months later he asked me to be his wife i of course said yes but we decided not to say anything till May. In April 2011 my dad got very sick so we postponed telling anyone that we were engaged. Later on that summer we talked about how it was probably a good time to share the great news of being engaged and start planning a wedding. On July 29, 2011 we told our families we were engaged and that we planned on getting married May 2012. After thinking about how financially we only had 9 months to collect enough for our wedding we ended up decided that it would be better for us to get married in August instead.


So now on to the wedding i was never the type to want a big wedding i just wanted everyone that we wanted there. Little did i know that the guest list was going to be over 300 we shortened the list to 250. We had a Chicago Cubs themed wedding since we are die hard fans. Mostly everything was homemade which made the wedding very personable. People are still talking about it today. The best part about it was Chris and I didn't spend over $8,000 total with food, DJ, cake, dress, bridal party gifts, church, booze, photographer, and reception hall. I really believed on having a wedding with 250 guests on a budget and we made it happen. August 18, 2012 I married my best friend and soul mate.



Now on to the wonderful life of marriage we went on an amazing honeymoon to Springfield, Illinois our state capital Chris and I had never been we stayed at an awesome B&B. Life isn't always about spending tons of money and going to tons of fancy places. Life is about going to where you want to go with the people you love. Chris and I had talked about having children many times before marriage and having kids is both something we really want. Which leads us to October of 2012 that was the month that i decided to stop taking my birth control after taking it for 5 years.

  Chris and I hoped that we would become pregnant right after i stopped my birth control. But little did we know that God clearly had another plan for us. After about3 months of not becoming pregnant and not getting my monthly friend, we both started to get discouraged. So instead of being excited to both finally start a family now we were both worried and stressed about it. So for 1 full year we "tried" and stressed constantly about when we would start a family of our own. So while others around us got pregnant and had kids we just hoped that God would choose us next.



Now flash forward to May 1, 2014 which is today I wish that i could say that we are expecting but as of right now we aren't. Although that sounds like sad news it really isn't, I love my husband and we are stronger then ever everyday because we know that one day our family will start. As of January 2014 i have become regular and the chances of having kids is much greater then it was the last year and a half. Since I choose to quit my job and make a career out of nannying when we got married i never had the option of having health insurance I couldn't go to the doctor to find out if everything with me was okay. Well thank you Mister Obama for forcing us all to get health insurance as of May 1 i now am covered and have the option to see my doctor and discuss starting a family and the game plan for that.



Today starts a brand new chapter in my life a blog and sharing all things kids and marriage. This blog is meant to share exciting moments in my life. I love DIY crafts and cooking is my favorite thing to do. So if you are reading you are sure in for a treat just wanted to give you a background of how i got where I am today.

Happy reading,
Devinne Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment