Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday iPhone 5s Day

Hello my fellow people today is May 30, 2014. Today is the day I get my iPhone 5s and I am excited it is like Christmas morning. I have to wait to get the phone till Chris gets of work so its like having to wait to open presents till mom and dad get up. I am not excited so much because its the newest and latest model the reason behind that is I had a 4s and i had the updated software ios7 so my other iPhone did pretty much the same things. Except that the new one has airdrop not that i know anyone i can use that with, it has slow motion video recording, finger print security, and better battery and faster processor. I'm just not sure how long it will take me to adjust to the new size. Most of you probably don't know this but i was born with two short fingers, as in my index and middle finger on my right hand were in my mouth in the womb so the bones never developed. So when I was three years old I had surgery they took bones from my right foot toes. My fingers are longer now as the bones grew as I got older but i don't have any joints in those two fingers. Also my ring finger on my right hand the top joint fused together as the bones grew so i don't have the ability to bend that finger at the top.

When I was younger i was made fun of for my fingers, people used to call me stubs growing up. Being made fun of something that i had no control over really hurt. I mean that's like me making fun of someones brown hair because they were born that way you don't control it God does. I became very self conscience about my fingers as I got older. I wouldn't hold hands with my right hand if i took a picture and had my arm around someone i would hide my fingers. Through out my life i tried to never let things get in the way of the fact that my fingers weren't as long. But now that i am older i am starting to realize that even though my doctor at 17 said my bones were done growing and that i didn't have to see him yearly anymore that things that normal hands can do are difficult for me. I am not saying oh feel sorry for me but i am just expressing what has been bothering me lately.

Most of my friends that have known me my entire life or for the past 8 years they know that i have short fingers and they know the reason why but they also know that i never use it as something that would hinder me until last night. i was explaining how i was excited about getting the new phone and i said i held the phone in the store and its gonna take a lot to get used to it and both my friends said it actually is a little longer then your last one it doesn't take long to adjust. Yes it didn't take them long to adjust, i have shorter fingers so longer screen shorter fingers means much more difficult for me. I have noticed with technology lately that everything is getting bigger, my brother has a galaxy note and the phone looks like a dang tablet i can't even hold it in my hand better yet use that phone because of my hand.

So for years I've swallowed my pride and said nothing about how my fingers hinder me in everyday activities but today i am saying it does and its not easy. I explained to my friend last night that i could get my fingers fixed i was told this several times while i was getting older when i went to the doctor. They explained that they could put in prosthetics to extend the fingers but i still would not have working joints, so i have thought about if i did it and how having longer fingers may help but without working joints it may be pointless. I have lived almost 26 years with short fingers i then would have to relearn how to use that hand with longer fingers. Not to mention its considered cosmetic surgery which I'm sure cost an arm and a leg. So all in all i think about how i would want to change it for the convenience but it kind of changes my identity. Like i wouldn't be Devinne with the short fingers i would be Devinne that used to have short fingers and maybe self conscience so i got cosmetic surgery. That to me doesn't make me, me.

So i guess this is just a per on battle i will work through just wanted to share since i don't share about things like this often. Well its back to working for me and later i get my new phone can't wait to tell you all about it on monday. Which is also the day i go back to my nanny job so a lot is happening can't wait. This is the last May post so happy May and yay for June i can't believe a month has flown by so quickly i hope you all keep reading. I know someone keeps +1 my posts but i don't know who it is but i thank you for doing that. It lets me know that someone even if its one person is taking time out of their day to read my blog and thats what I made this for.

Happy reading,
Devinne Kathleen

I'll leave you with a picture of my right hand

No comments:

Post a Comment