Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May May May all day

Hello my fellow people today is gloomy May 13, 2014. The weather is just so gloomy today it makes you want to lay around and sleep. Just busy today with laundry and working you know the typical Tuesday work all day. Yesterday when my husband and I went to go get dinner, I ordered cheese sticks and man do I love cheese sticks. While we waited in the drive through for our food the people in front of us must have ordered the whole menu because we were sitting there forever. I just start telling Chris about how long cheese sticks take to make, he of course kind of chuckled and said you know sometimes you just explain the most random stuff. I then explained how most think things that I know are useless but I guarantee that one day all my "useless" knowledge will actually be useful. 

Ever since I was little I always seemed to remember things that others would say or do even if I would never use what I learned. I just liked that I knew more about random things then others did like how ink comes out of a pen, why the sky is blue, why you hiccup, and why you yawn. After I got older I realized that having extra knowledge won't come in handy unless I make it on a game show that asks random facts. 

When I decided to become a nanny for a living I realized that I can share random facts with the kids I'm watching. I mean why not tell a 5 1/2 year old that your blood is actually blue but turns red when it hits oxygen. Now I never thought that telling a 5 year old was going to confuse him but just think when he went to school the next day he was telling all his friends that their blood was blue. And of course he is scientifically right, so some kids were probably freaked out but you know his teacher was thinking wow how does he know that. I guess I just benefited from my dad having an entire set of older encyclopedias that I just read when I was bored. So as a child I knew more, but you can't get a kid to sit down and read a 10 page book now a days. So instead I'll share random facts. The kids in turn benefit from things they may use in the future and also look smart to their teachers. 

I just can't wait to be able to raise my kids differently then the status quo. I mean I'm all for kids learning technology but just putting your child in front of the television and not reading them books, puts them on a path of not wanting to read. I'm not saying that your kids won't like to read but not teaching them that reading is fun and watching tv sure says a lot. I don't judge how anyone chooses to raise their children but I do have an opinion on how I will raise mine. 

So I will leave you all with this hilarious picture I took on Saturday. Ziggy our cat was sitting next to me while I counted change on the kitchen table and Chris's sunglasses where next to us. I decided to stick them on Ziggy to see what he would do, he sat there for ten minutes with them on and didn't care. He's a baller. 

Happy reading,
Devinne Kathleen 



No comments:

Post a Comment