Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mmmm deliciousness

Hello my fellow people today is May 21, 2014. Here in Illinois we got some massive thunderstorms last night lets just say a lot of the roads are flooded. But other then that it was 84 degrees yesterday and boy oh boy does it feel like summer outside and I am loving it. So I'm sure you are all wondering what my post will be about today? And I bet by the title you can guess it. It's recipe Wednesday and today I'm going to share this delicious healthy salad recipe that you are sure to love. Not only is it healthy but it's fresh and refreshing for a summer dish or side dish. I made this for my lunch it's packed with flavor and super easy to make. 

Tomato Basil Olive Mozzarella Vinaigrette   Salad 
First you need your ingredients 
  
Vinaigrette (your choice of flavor) 
One can of black olives 
One container of cherry tomatoes (I have two containers pictured because I thought I would need more) 
Fresh basil 
And fresh mozzarella 


First rinse the basil 

Pour vinaigrette in a container (Tupperware) I don't measure but it's about a 1/2 cup 


Chop basil into small pieces 


Put basil in the vinaigrette 

Mix then set in fridge to cool and basil will soak in the flavor 

Open can of olives drain and pour whole olives in a Tupperware container that you can close 


Next cut tomatoes in half like pictured 

Add to bowl with olives 

Unwrap the mozzarella the mozzarella I bought came in slices so I used half of the slices 

Cut mozzarella into squares/small pieces
Add to bowl with tomatoes and olives 
 
Take vinaigrette out of fridge and just dump it in

Mix thoroughly to make sure all flavors are being combined 

About 1 cup is a serving size place in a bowl and enjoy. Put the lid on the rest and refrigerate. The salad will last about three days in the fridge. If you have extra vinaigrette left in bowl just add some more tomatoes olives and mozzarella for another delicious batch. Simple healthy and delicious. I hope you all enjoy today's post. Have a beautiful day. 

Happy reading, 
Devinne Kathleen 

No comments:

Post a Comment